- Vision and Mission Statement
- Top Management
- Organisational Structure
Mission: To develop and regulate a safe and efficient road transport system that contributes to the socio-economic development of the country.
Vision: Towards a safe, vibrant, reliable and sustainable road transport industry.
To achieve this, the Directorate has established the following as the core objectives:
- To effectively administer the provisions of the Road Traffic Act - 1997
- To develop and nurture an effective and efficient road traffic management system that ensures order and discipline within the scope of the Road transport Industry.
- To update and manage an effective road traffic information and data management System that provides accurate, reliable and timely.
- To continuously examine needs and priorities for road transport services and assess relevance and effectiveness of current and authorization procedures.
- To uphold the code of ethics, precedents and norms at all functional levels to ensure honesty, integrity, security and transparency in the delivery of services to the general public
Being a Department under the Ministry of Transport and Public Infrastructure, the Directorate's line of authority stretches as far as the Ministry headquarters. The Ministry is headed by the Minister of Transport who provides political and administrative guidance in the implementation of various policies within the Ministry. Below the Minister the Principal Secretary whole role is to direct and coordinate the general functioning of the Ministry within the operational guidelines of government policies and ensure effective deliverance of its mandate, under the direction of the Minister.
The DRTSS is headed by the Director who is the controlling officer and provides leadership and strategic direction. The Directorate has three main technical sections: Traffic Management, Vehicle Load Management, and Road Safety Management. Each section is headed by a Deputy Director. Apart from these main sections, the Directorate also has supporting sections of ICT, Research and Planning, Audit, Accounts and Human Resource.